The world is cognizant to chocolate and everything about it.
Chocolate to me, is the friend who is there with you on a happy sunny day or the one that may be drab and grey. Invest in chocolate and chocolate makes you its own.
Chocolate simply understands!
My love for cocoa- “food of the gods” as they say in Latin, has brought me back with this post. The markets are flooded with numerous chocolate desserts; discrete and magical is its own way. What can I say, it gets better with every recipe, doesn’t it?
Today, I bring to your table my humble version of the decadent chocolate fudge.
- Sweetened condensed milk – 400g
- Dark Chocolate (bittersweet) – 300g
- Unsweetened cocoa powder – 1 tbsp
- Vanilla Extract – 1 tsp
- Nuts of your choice – ½ cup
- Butter – 1 tbsp
- A pinch of salt to bring alive the flavor.
Recipe Instructions :
- Line an 8X8 inch pan with cling film/foil. Chop your chocolate and nuts into small chunks beforehand.
- Toast the nuts slightly till they become fragrant and set them aside to cool.
- Add the condensed milk to a saucepan with the chocolate chunks and butter and put up the pan on low flame. We need to provide just enough heat to let all goodness melt together.
- Once the chocolate turns into this smooth sauce, add the cocoa powder, vanilla extract and a pinch of salt. As the fudge thickens, give it once last mix.
- Transfer the gooey fudge into the lined baking pan and sprinkle walnuts/hazelnuts on top. Be generous !
- Cover the fudge and let it sit in the refrigerator till it sets. Slice them up nice & enjoy !
The little cubes of joy, that once you bite into, feel like a hug. Make a batch, whilst I enjoy my share of this sinful goodness.